|Halloween Sale on inks and toners!|
- Fact #1 - There is a fear of Halloween called "Samhainophobia".
- Fact #2 - Did you know that the first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips not from pumpkins?
- Fact #3 - One famous legend tells that single girls can see the face of their future husbands if they looked at the mirror at the midnight of Halloween. If they are destined to die before getting married, they would see Death instead.
- Fact #4 - Halloween is said to be originated way back around 4,000 B.C. which means that even before Jesus Christ was born, Halloween was already being celebrated.
- Fact #5 - The idea of Jack O' Lanterns originated in Ireland, they placed candles inside the hollowed-out carved pumpkins, believing it will spook the spirits away from their houses.
- Fact #6 - According to Celtic legends, spirits roamed the face of the planet on Hallow's Eve, wearing masks and costumes to blend with the humans.
- Fact #7 - During the Dark Ages, black cats, raves and crows were considered familiars of witches and protect their dark powers. Whereas in Egypt, cats are considered as gods and goddesses disguising as animals.
- Fact #8 - Self-proclaimed Halloween capitals in the world includeds Salem, Massachusetts, Anoka and Minnesota.
- Fact #9 - According to research, the average American will spend $66.28 on Halloween in 2010, totaling $5.8 billion.
- Fact #10 -Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with Christmas being the first.
Author, Great Prints Solutions
Subscribe on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter |Add me Up on Google+
for subscriptions you can subscribe on our RSS feed, join this Blog or Subscribe via e-mail below.