Saturday, December 7, 2013
12/07/2013 12:15:00 PM Je Rust
Have you experienced printing an important file then all of a sudden visible stains or scattered toners appears around the page of your printer material? It’s really annoying especially if the moment before the error occurs the printer was actually doing well with all the other pages it printed. It’s a random print error that users may occasionally experience with a printer just when a cartridge becomes damaged. A Brother laser printer like the MFC-9130CW for example, is part of the list of printer models that are vulnerable to such issues.
No matter what the reason may be why the cartridges inside the unit turn damaged, what you need to be concern of is how you can get rid of the problem. But first we have to determine which toner among the installed cartridges is the root cause. Well basically, you can get the answer just by merely looking at the color of stains from the output. Of course you don’t have to make conclusions if you’re only using a monochrome printer. With the sample unit above, it uses four Brother TN221 toner cartridges, thus you need to perform the solution below.
To know which cartridge may be damaged, there’s a simple trick that you can perform to help you with this problem.
Using the provided image above, save and open it on any image viewer you have and print it. Make sure you set the printer to print without margins, but actually It doesn’t matter if it has or not. What’s important is that the image should cover the whole page. Now print it.
Check the printout. Which among the four toner colors exhibit abnormal results? The next step requires you to install a new cartridge that will replace the damaged one. Then print the image once more to see if the output is pretty much better than the first one. Now if you think the unit is back to normal, you can run the cleaning maintenance to make sure the print heads are absolutely clean. Or, you can simply print a word document and see if stains or scattered toner particles are now gone.
If the solution above doesn’t fixed the problem, based on the image you print a while ago, replace the drum unit that corresponds to the toner color with uneven result. Again clean the print heads and try printing a plain-text document to see if the issue disappears.
Always take into consideration the room temperature where you want to install the printer. Toner may build up inside the unit that may cause such errors, as well as accumulated dust. Remember, it’s easier to prevent a printer problem than fix it.
Friday, December 6, 2013
12/06/2013 02:24:00 PM Je Rust
Though we can’t give you all the solutions in a single run, we will try to provide you one solution at a time for each specific problem. For now, here’s a basic troubleshooting guide that you can perform or try with your printer having any print-quality issues. Consider it a first-aid remedy to solve errors that you encounter with the printed material that your machine produced.
Note: Performing this solution can probably solve print problems such as:
• Black and White Lines
• Spots and Bands
It’s more of like an examination procedure wherein you’ll have to check a few components of the unit. Basically there are four things you need to perform. Refer on the steps below for the proper instructions.
If the problem occurred immediately after you install new cartridges, there’s a possibility that the newly installed supplies are causing the issue. Try to reseat all the Brother TN221 toner cartridges and see if the problem still persists. You might also need to remove and re-install the laser drum unit to make sure all the supplies are properly working and are installed correctly.
Paper type and size may also affect printout quality. Your manufacturer provided you with the right software, tools and system to configure the printer on different settings. As a user, it is your duty to make sure settings are properly configured depending on the media to be used. It is not the printer’s fault if the print result has some curled edges, white margins, unnecessary lines, and spots. To think that in fact you just accidentally set it to print on a different configuration.
Check the status of your supplies, such errors may be experienced and considered signs that the cartridges are almost empty. The drum unit on the other hand may be used or worn-out that it leads to damaged printouts. Don’t hesitate to replace supplies as it can be more ideal to so, than continue wasting resources.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
12/05/2013 03:27:00 PM Je Rust
Do you know that you can use a different color of cartridge into a slot where it doesn’t actually be installed? It’s a testing procedure that most printer technicians perform to determine the root cause of a failure and see if the cartridge or the slot has the problem. This option is only recommendable if and when you are experiencing cartridge-related errors with your printer, except for print quality issues. One of the common printer errors where you can apply this test is with the Supply Memory error.
Error 10 or commonly referred to as Supplies Memory Error indicates that the metal contact (cartridge chip/e-label) on a specific cartridge is unable to read by the printer. The format of the error message varies from one printer model to another. But basically you may read it similarly as the examples below:
10.00.00 Black Print Cartridge or Supply Memory Error in Black Cartridge
Both mean the same, indicating that the root cause of the problem is due to a failure to read the contacts in the black toner cartridge. The error is not limited to only one color, as other HP Color LaserJet CP1215 toners may also experience the same problem.
Going back to the solution, here’s how to do it:
Determine which cartridge is causing the error message. Then remove the cartridge from its slot by opening the printer’s front cover to reveal the supplies.
A blue handle that locks the toners should be pressed to release the drawer so you can pull it out from the printer. Now choose another cartridge from the currently installed ones that you will use to switch with the faulty toner. Let’s say the black toner has the problem, and you let the yellow cartridge to switch place with it, that’s exactly how it works.
Focusing on our example, remove the black from its slot as well as the yellow, and switch them. Let the other two cartridges stay where they are, just monitor the pair you switched.
Restart the printer to see if the error message persists and that it still reads the faulty cartridge. This time, the error should be displayed as Supply Memory Error in Yellow or 10.00.03 Yellow Print Cartridge. To those who are wondering why, well mainly because the faulty black is now installed to the yellow slot, hence the prompt should change as well. Performing this solution will help you determine, whether it is the cartridge or the slot that is probably causing the problem. Now it will be easy for you to fix it, you can simply use a new cartridge replacement, or send the unit to a technician who can fix component related issues.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
11/28/2013 11:09:00 AM Erika Celario
Own an HP LaserJet 1600 color laser printer and ever experience the problem when the print jobs happen to be stuck in the print queue for so long? Well, it might have drive you nuts and drain your patience, perhaps leading you to unplug the printer and restart the computer again. I did once and made it much worse when the printer continued to read the print queue once it was restarted and printed draft-like qualities of my documents. That’s why I’ve learned my lesson and decided to research on how I can fix this problem.
And if you happen to have encountered such thing as well then here are the basic solutions on how to fix this problem from HP Solutions:
- Step one: Restart the computer.
- Click Start.
- Click Shut Down.
- Click Restart or select Restart from the drop-down menu, if available.
- Click OK.
- Check the print queue once the machine has restarted.
- Step two: Check the printer cable.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Leave the cable unplugged for 5-6 seconds.
- Reconnect the cable to the printer and computer. Ensure the printer is connected directly to the computer through a USB cable or a powered USB hub.
- After reconnecting, the printer should start printing the jobs in queue. Go to step five if you want to stop those jobs from printing.
- Step three: Check whether the right driver and port are being used.
- Click Start.
- Click Settings.
- Click Printers or Printers and Faxes.
- Make sure the correct printer is set to default, denoted by a check mark in a black circle on the icon.
- If the printer is already set to default, right-click the icon and click Properties.
- Verify the printer is using the correct port and driver.
- Click OK to close the Printer properties window, and then close the Printers window.
- Step four: Check whether the printer is paused or offline.
- Step five: Manually clear out the print queue.
- Step six: Windows XP - Restart the Print Spooler service.
- Step seven: Check the software application.
- Close the application and then re-open it.
- Send a print job from the application again.
- If the queue backs up again, try printing from Notepad to see if the issue is the application or the driver.
- If printing is successful from Notepad but not the application, contact the manufacturer of that application.
Just follow these steps and you’re on your sure way of never ever having to encounter or turning the matters worse when your print job got stuck on the print queue again. And if you want to save on your usual printing expense with the HP LaserJet 1600, you can also use compatible HP 1600 LaserJet toner cartridges which will save you more than 50% compare to OEM HP toner cartridges.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
11/27/2013 10:53:00 AM Erika Celario
HP Color LaserJet 2600n is an affordable and compact laser printer known in the market for its compact-design and low-unit price but boasts of its printing capabilities that able to deliver excellent-quality printouts and photo-quality graphics, and it’s networking features via Ethernet connection for multiple users to be able to share the printer. It uses replacement laser toner cartridges, HP 2600 LaserJet toner cartridges: HP Q6000A black toner cartridge, HP Q6001A cyan toner cartridge, HP Q6002A yellow toner cartridge and HP Q6003A magenta toner cartridge.
And like any other laser printer in the market, the HP Color LaserJet 2600n is prone to the unavoidable laser printer problems such as paper jams like any other printers. For this article, we’re going to give you a step-by-step solution on how to fix paper jams problem in your HP Color LaserJet 2600n as given by HP Solutions:
- Step 1 - Open the front cover of the printer.
- Step 2 - Carefully grasp the jammed paper by both corners and pull slowly to remove the paper.
- Close the front door.
Clearing Paper Jams from Tray 2 or Optional Tray 2
- Step 1 - Pull Tray 2 or optional Tray 3 out of the printer.
- Step 2 - Carefully grasp the jammed paper by both corners and pull slowly to remove the paper.
- Step 3 - Slide the tray into the printer.
- Step 4 - Open and close the front door.
Clear Jams from the Top Bin
- Step 1 - Carefully grasp the jammed paper by both corners and pull slowly to remove the paper from the top bin.
- Step 2 - Open and close the front door.
- Step 3 - Occasionally, the fuser release lever must be opened to allow the paper to be removed. Note that the fuser release lever must be closed before the door will close completely.
Remember the paper jams problems usually occur inside the printer, in input areas such as the trays, in the output area and in the paper path. This problem is usually caused when either the input trays are loaded improperly or when the trays are opened during a print job. Paper jams can also occur when there are too many sheets accumulated in the output area or sheets blocked the output area. And as according to HP Solutions, it may also be caused by using any print media that does not meet with the HP specifications or when the environment in which the print media was stored is too humid or too dry.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
11/26/2013 10:48:00 AM Erika Celario
The HP LaserJet 1600 color laser printer is a high-quality and reliable printer that offers excellent printouts that delivers monochrome pages with sharp and clear texts, and vibrant-colored printouts that are perfect for business materials, reports and worksheets. It also features HP Smart Printing Technology that lets the printer automatically do the adjustments needed when it’s printing documents. This printer model works with HP 1600 LaserJet toner cartridges: HP Q6000A black toner cartridge, HP Q6001A cyan toner cartridge, HP Q6002A yellow toner cartridge and HP Q6003A magenta toner cartridge.
And if you happen to own one, then you might want to know that the HP LaserJet 1600 color laser printer, the same as HP 2600n and HP LaserJet M1005 MFP, have a host-based driver solution recommended for Windows 8.
For today’s article, we’re going to give the followings steps for Windows 8 users to learn how to install scan and/or print software in Windows 8 using a USB cable with the host-based driver solution credited to HP Solutions:
Step 1 - Download the file needed to run a USB installation
- Go to HP Supports & Drivers then select Drivers & Software.
- Type your printer name / number in the Enter a product name/number search box, and then click Search or press Enter.
- Choose your LaserJet model from the search results.
- Choose your language from the drop-down list, and then select your operating system.
- Under the Driver - USB section, locate the HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communications driver for Windows 8/Server 2012 file.
- Click Download then click Run and wait for the process to finish.
- Go to HP Support & Drivers and select Drivers & Software.
- Type the printer name / number in the Enter a product name/number search box, and then click Search or press Enter.
- Choose the LaserJet model from the search results.
- Choose the language from the drop-down list and then select the operating system.
- Locate the host-based driver option, click Download, click Save, browse to the location where you want to save the .exe file, and then click Save.
Step three - Install the driver
- Power on the product and then wait until it arrives at a Ready state.
- Double-click the .exe file downloaded previously.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, click next.
- If prompted, select Configure to print using USB, click next, and then wait while drivers are pre-installed.
- When prompted, connect the USB cable to the printer and to the computer and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Once done, you can now enjoy using your HP LaserJet 1600 color laser printer in your Windows 8 PC.
Friday, November 22, 2013
11/22/2013 10:51:00 AM Erika Celario
The Canon imageCLASS MF4570dn is a black-and-white multifunction laser printer that boasts of its duplex-printing features for its printing, copying, scanning and when receiving faxes. This includes Canon Super 3G Fax to transmit documents seamlessly and quickly at the speed of 33.6 Kbps. Each imageCLASS multifunction printer is equipped with the Super 3G Fax that delivers “high transmission speeds as well as the PC function which can send a document from a computer directly, which reduces paper costs.”
For today’s article, we’re going to tackle the faxing capabilities of the Canon imageCLASS MF4570dn and how you can utilize this function for everyday use. For one to be able to use the imageCLASS MF4570dn fax function, you should need to install the fax driver in your computer. With the fax driver, you can easily import the address book for users to easily send a fax to a destination without mistakes. Users can also forward receive faxes stored in the memory to a specified destination. It is better for users to also register destinations through the address book so you can save you to send many steps to enter the destinations when sending the documents.
And how can you do register a specified destination in the address book? You may refer to the following method below:
- · Destination Search
- · One Touch Keys
- By registering destinations in one-touch keys, you can specify a destination in one step. Users can register up to 4 destinations in one touch keys.
- · Coded Dialing
- Users can register up to 100 destinations under coded dial codes. You can also register destinations which cannot be registered under one-touch keys. If you forget the coded dial codes, you always can specify the destination by searching it in the address book.
- · Destination Group
- You can combine multiple destinations and register them as a group. It can handle up to 50 destinations can be combined.
- · Specifying from the sending history
- · Sequential broadcast
- By scanning a document once, you can send the same document to multiple destinations.
When receiving documents through fax, these documents are normally printed but if you want it to store in the memory this is possible as well. You can print these stored documents any time you want it and if you don’t need it anymore you can delete them thus saving paper to be used. For remote receiving, if an external telephone is connected, you can easily switch to the fax receiving mode immediately by dialing the ID number for fax receiving using the dial buttons of the telephone during a phone call. To be able to print these documents, the Canon imageCLASS MF4570dn uses replacement printer cartridges, Canon128 laser toner cartridge.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
11/20/2013 12:27:00 PM Raymund Camat
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
11/19/2013 02:30:00 PM Raymund Camat
Do you want to help save the environment profitably? I’m pretty sure most of you will say yes. Whenever money is involved, many could not resist the temptation admit it or not. But just a reminder, don’t let yourself be tempted by these incentives or amount that you can get in exchange of returning used cartridges. You should not make it as your motivation why you should consider joining a recycling program for printer supplies.
Thursday, November 14, 2013
11/14/2013 10:48:00 AM Raymund Camat
If you’re receiving a “Cartridge Not Engaged” problem particularly the 10.92.XX error code with your HP LaserJet CP3505 series printer. Then you have two possible causes to consider. First, the door is not properly close; second the ledges on each right side of the toners are not pressed down. To elaborate, read further below and learn more about this issue.
What does the 10.92.XX error mean?
It refers to a printer problem where the cartridges are not engaging correctly. The last two digits or the “XX” determines which cartridge is experiencing the error. • 10.92.00 (Black) • 10.92.01 (Cyan) • 10.92.02 (Magenta) • 10.92.03 (Yellow)
What might be causing this?
If the front door of the printer is not totally close, I mean it’s not securely lock, then maybe one of the HP Q6470A toner cartridges are not properly placed. This is very common to those who have recently replaced the toners.
What you need to do is take the cartridges out of the machine and see if you can close the front door firmly. If it clicks in place, then you get the answer to your dilemma. Try to reseat the toner cartridges back into their slots and this time be more careful. Slip them one at time starting with the black, push it in, and repeat this process working your way down to the last cartridge. Once you’re done with all the toners, check if the door can now be closed fine. Let’s hope that it could solve the problem. You may turn the unit ON and let it read the cartridges for like half a minute, see if the “Cartridge Not Engaged” error disappears.
If the above suggestion doesn’t turn out to be the solution, then it must be a component related issue. Open the front cover of your printer, try to remove the toners and locate the plastic ledges (typically white in color) on the right side of each slot. Closing the cover without reseating the toners will cause the ledges to move up. These are also called the cartridge locks, if any of these are damaged there’s a great possibility of getting such error. See the image below as your reference to know what does a ledge looks like.
Unfortunately it’s a hefty of trouble to change this component, but you have no choice but to replace it or send it to someone who’s technically knowledgeable of doing the task. Although you have to pay for the service charge as well as the price of the component that they change out.