Thursday, March 6, 2014
3/06/2014 01:01:00 PM Elaine
Have you had a problem with an HP 3800 Color Laser printer when the quality of printed results is distinctly different from what you expected? Let’s say you sent a page with an image of a red apple, hence you should expect an image of a perfectly ripe red fruit to come out of the machine. However, upon picking the printed page up from the output tray, what you saw is an aggravating image of a purple apple.
You might probably ask what could be the problem, is it with the printer or with the computer? Well of course you can’t blame the image since it can change its own color during printing, it is mainly the printing machine or perhaps the application you use to print the image. The HP 3800 toners could also be the cause of your problem, like maybe the cartridges are running out of supply.
While there are many circumstances that we may consider with regards to print-quality problems with a color laser printer, well let them aside for now. Our focus with this post is to teach you how to cold reset and calibrate an HP 3800 series printer, because basically these two most likely work together.
Let’s start with the cold resetting process by restarting your machine.
While the machine is starting up press the green key with a check sign which is found at the center of three arrow keys at the right.
Hold it until the LED lights are all lit up, and then release it. After that, the screen should display “Select Language”.
It’s not actually what you need to select but the rather the next option below it, so press the down key and select “Cold Reset”.
The time it finishes the process is not fix so we can’t give you exact figures, besides you’ll know when it’s done when the printer reboots itself.
Now let’s work with the calibration. This printer function should only be performed if the print quality of your documents is odd and unsatisfactory right after the cold reset.
You don’t need to restart the unit, just press the Menu key from the control panel.
Browse through the selections from the screen by pressing the down key and select Configure Device via the green key. Next choose Print Quality followed by Full Calibrate Now, and that’s it.
Just to add to your knowledge, there are actually two methods for printer calibration which are referred to as visual and mechanical.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
2/26/2014 10:55:00 AM Erika Celario
The HP Color LaserJet CM1312 Printer is a professional digital laser printer and multifunction machines that is designed to meet the printing demands and expectations of any working environment especially small-to-medium sized businesses. It has a series of advanced features to offer for users to be able to print professional looking documents through its powerful HP ImageRET technology and its color sphere toners, the HP CP1515 toner cartridges: HP CB540A, HP CB541A, HP CB542A and HP CB543A (Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow) laser toner cartridges.
For today’s article, I’d like to discuss and to help you have a better understanding in improving the printing quality of your HP Color LaserJet CM1312 by tweaking some of the settings. This includes adjusting the color setting of your printer through its control panel. These steps are from HP Support Center:
- Step 1 - Choose the Print option from your software application.
- Step 2 - Within the Print Dialog Window, click Properties or Preferences .
- Step 3 - Click the Color tab. Select the Color Themes drop-down list
Default (sRGB): This theme sets the printer to print RGB data in raw device mode. When using this theme, manage color in the software program or in the operating system for correct rendering.
Vivid: The printer increases the color saturation in the midtones. Use this theme when printing business graphics.
Photo: The printer interprets RGB color as if it were printed as a photograph using a digital mini lab. The printer renders deeper, more saturated colors differently than with the Default (sRBG) theme. Use this theme when printing photos.
Photo (Adobe RGB 1998): Use this theme with printing digital photos that use the AdobeRGB color space rather than sRGB. Turn off color management in the software program when using this theme.
None: sets the printer to print RGB data in raw device mode. To render photographs correctly when this option is selected, you must manage color in the program in which you are working or in the operating system.
- Step 4 - Select the Color Options.
- Step 5 - Click the Automatic setting.
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
2/25/2014 11:02:00 AM Erika Celario
The HP Color LaserJet 2550N is a high performance digital laser printer that works with separate laser toner cartridges and drum cartridge. Its replacement printer cartridges, HP 2550 toner cartridges: HP Q3960A black toner, Q3961A cyan toner, Q3962A yellow toner and Q3963A magenta toner while for its replacement drum cartridge, it uses HP Q3964A (122A) Laser Drum Unit, as its printer consumable. And for today’s article, we’re going to discuss on how you can replace the drum unit in your HP Color LaserJet 2550N when it already reached the end of its installed life and appears to be worn out. By replacing the drum cartridge of your printer, it will most likely fixed and improve the quality of your printouts.
The following instructions below are from HP Support Center:
- Step 1 - Open the top cover of the printer. Note that the printer should be turned on.
- Step 2 - Remove the used imaging drum by pushing it away from you and lifting it out of the printer.
- Step 3 - Locate the clear-plastic strip in the bottom of the opening. Wipe the strip with a soft, dry cloth to remove any dust or debris.
- Step 4 - Remove the new imaging drum from the plastic bag, and place the used imaging drum in the bag for recycling.
- Step 5 - Place the imaging drum on a firm surface and pull the orange rings to remove the shipping pins. Remove the orange-shipping lock on each end of the imaging drum.
- Step 6 - Remove the two orange-shipping spacers.
- Step 7 - Remove the orange cover from the imaging drum.
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
2/19/2014 10:25:00 AM Erika Celario
HP Color LaserJet 4730 is a color digital laser printer known for printing excellent printing quality graphics and documents through its HP ImageRET 3600 printing technology and its HP Color Sphere toners, HP 4730 toner cartridges: HP Q6460A black toner, HP Q6461A cyan toner, HP Q6462A yellow toner and HP Q6463A magenta toner. It can print up to 31 pages per minute for black-and-white printouts and 30 pages per minute for colored printouts. But just like any other color digital printers, the HP Color LaserJet 4730 isn’t exempted to common print quality issues. That’s why for today’s topic, we’re going to give troubleshooting tips and solutions for some of the usual printing quality problems experienced by printer users. The following problems and solutions are from HP Color LaserJet 4730mfp Series Products - Troubleshooting Print Quality:
Printing Black Instead of Color
- Problem: Color mode is not selected in the software application or printer driver.
Answer: Select Color mode instead of Grayscale or Monochrome mode in the software application or printer driver.
- Problem: The correct printer driver is not selected in the software application.
Answer: Select the correct printer driver.
- Problem: No color appears on the configuration page.
Answer: Consult the service representative.
- Problem: The media does not meet the specifications for this MFP.
Answer: For information on media specifications.
- Problem: The MFP is operated in excessively humid conditions.
Answer: Verify that the MFP’s environment is within humidity specifications.
- Problem: Defective HP print cartridge.
Answer: Replace the cartridge.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
2/18/2014 09:17:00 AM Erika Celario
So you’re planning to print a graphic-based document either perhaps for your presentation or marketing material, on the other hand though, it seems that you’re HP LaserJet Pro 200 M251nw printing quality isn’t siding with you. Well, then, don’t fret, because for today’s Great Prints Solutions article, we’re going to provide you with steps on how you can change the color theme or the color option of your HP LaserJet Pro 200 M251nw.
Change the Color Theme for a Print Job in HP LaserJet Pro 200 M251nw
- Step 1 - On the File menu in the software program, click Print.
- Step 2 - Click Properties or Preferences.
- Step 3 - Click the Color tab.
- Step 4 - Select a color theme from the Color Themes drop-down list. Color tab:
Default (sRGB): This theme sets the product to print RGB data in raw device mode. When using this theme, manage color in the software program or in the operating system for correct rendering.
Vivid: The product increases the color saturation in the mid-tones. Use this theme when printing business graphics.
Photo: The product interprets RGB color as if it were printed as a photograph using a digital mini lab. The product renders deeper, more saturated colors differently than with the Default (sRBG) theme. Use this theme when printing photos.
Photo (Adobe RGB 1998): Use this theme with printing digital photos that use the AdobeRGB color space rather than sRGB. Turn off color management in the software program when using this theme.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
2/12/2014 09:44:00 AM Erika Celario
The HP 3700dn laser printer is included in the HP 3700 Series and is a workgroup printing device that prints up to 16 pages per minute for both monochrome and color printouts. It features 600 x 600 dpi printing resolution and has a built-in Ethernet 10/100Base-TX to allow users to connect or for multiple users to use the printer via connecting at the same network. It also has USB and Parallel connectivity features for other purposes.
HP 3700dn laser printer is designed to deliver high printing quality output which uses replacement toner cartridges, HP 3700 toner cartridges: HP Q2681A cyan, HP Q2682A yellow, HP Q2683A magenta and HP Q2670A black laser toner cartridges. But if you’re having problems with the print quality of your HP 3700dn laser printer then follow these instructions on how you can solve this problem and fix the printing quality of your machine.
First use the built-in print quality troubleshooting pages for you to be able to diagnose and solve the print quality problems.
- Step 1 - Press MENU to enter the MENUS.
- Step 2 - Press (Down arrow) to highlight DIAGNOSTICS.
- Step 3 - Press (Select) to select DIAGNOSTICS.
- Step 4 - Press (Down arrow) to highlight PQ TROUBLESHOOTING.
- Step 5 - Press (Select) to print the pages.
After that, proceed to calibrating your printer to improve the print quality of your HP 3700dn laser printer. This is a printer function that will optimize the print quality of your HP 3700dn laser printer.
- Press (Select) to enter the MENUS.
- Press (Down arrow) to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE.
- Press (Select) to select CONFIGURE DEVICE.
- Press (Down arrow) to highlight PRINT QUALITY.
- Press (Select) to select PRINT QUALITY.
- Press (Down arrow) to highlight CALIBRATE NOW.
- Press (Select) to select CALIBRATE NOW.
- Wait for the printer to calibrate.
Once you have calibrated your printer, the print quality will improve and you’ll be able to print professional-looking documents to improve your printouts’ impact. If this step didn’t work out then perhaps it’s time to replace the laser toner cartridges or the transfer unit which is indeed necessary to be replace once it worn out. To save more on this printer supplies, you can use compatible or remanufactured HP printer supplies. Switching to alternative printer supplies will definitely save you around 40% to 60% of your usual printing expenses.
Credits to HP Solutions Center
Saturday, February 8, 2014
2/08/2014 09:08:00 AM Elaine
Replacing print consumables has been a regular task for printer users. It is a job that comes along with maintaining such equipment, plus the recurring expense of purchasing replacement supplies. Both of these can’t be avoided, not unless you just bought a unit to display in your house or office. It’s also considered a basic troubleshooting procedure as it can be applied to fix certain errors.
Turn the unit ON and wait a few seconds till it gets silent and idle.
Open the small front cover found at lower left-side of the machine to access the cartridges.
Locate the OK button from its control panel (the black button at the center of two directional keys), then press it for 5 seconds or until the carriage that holds the inks moves to the left side.
Note: Make sure the cartridges are on the left side of the machine. If it doesn’t move, restart the unit and repeat the first three steps above. If everything’s going smoothly then you may proceed on step 4.
With the cover still open and unit is ON, just unplug the cable supplying power to the printer. Take note that the instruction doesn’t said you have to turn it OFF through the power button.
Now work with the cartridges by pulling each out of their slot. Use proper handling when removing the items so as not to cause any damage. Remove only what you need to replace.
Get the replacement ink cartridge ready by taking it out of the packaging and removing the seal tapes and protective caps. Gently shake it until you feel the inks are evenly distributed inside.
Install the cartridge on its designated color slot by pressing it down firmly until you hear a clicking sound. Once all the inks have been reseated, pull the latch downward to lock the cartridges in place.
Lastly, close the front cover and restart the unit.
Note: Improper installation may sometimes lead to error such as Printhead Missing or Printhead Problem. If error messages like this appear on the screen of your printer repeat the whole process from the very first step.
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
1/28/2014 10:57:00 AM Erika Celario
The Brother MFC-9340CDW is a digital color all-in-one laser printer which offers wireless networking and duplex-printing features to boost any businesses productivity. It delivers fast printing speed of up to 23 pages per minute and offers high printing resolution of up to 600 x 2400 dpi thru its Brother's Digital LED print technology and BrotherMFC-9340CDW laser toner cartridges or BrotherTN221/Brother TN225 toner cartridges. It has built-in wireless and Ethernet network interfaces to install on a wired or wireless network or connect locally to a single computer via USB. But aside from these, it boasts of its mobile device printing that lets you wirelessly print from AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct™.
And for today’s article, we’re going to tackle with Brother™ iPrint&Scan is a free application that “allows you to print and scan straight from your Apple iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7 mobile devices whenever you're connected to the same network as your printer.” If you’re ever using the Brother MFC-9340CDW then it is not printing anything when you’re using your iPrint&Scan from your Windows phones and Android devices. Here is the solution from Brother Solutions Center for you to follow to solve this problem.
Unable to Print Using Brother iPrint&Scan from Windows Phone
- Make sure that the Brother MFC-9340CDW is powered on and there are no errors on the machine. If there is an error message, first, you will need to troubleshoot to clear that particular message.
- Check if the Brother iPrint&Scan is installed in your device. If it is not installed in your Windows Phone to download the Brother iPrint&Scan.
- Once installed, you’re mobile device must be connected to the same wireless infrastructure network that the Brother machine is connected to. You will not be able to use this feature while connected through 3G/4G. For assistance connecting your Windows® Phone mobile device to your network, consult your mobile device's documentation.
- Open the Brother iPrint&Scan icon on your mobile device.
- Choose a Print or Scan option and follow the steps.
- Once the Print or Scan Settings window appears, make sure your machine is chosen. If the machine is chosen, proceed on Step 9. If a different machine is chosen, or if “Device Is Not Selected” is displayed, make sure your machine is turned on and then taps Printer or Scanner.
- The application will search your network and display a list of available machines.
- If your machine is displayed in the list, tap your machine. However if the machine is not displayed, you may be able to find your machine by tapping the search icon and then entering your machine's IP address. You can find your machine's IP address in the Network Configuration List.
- Once the device has been chosen you may now attempt to print or scan again using the application.
Unable to Print Using Brother iPrint&Scan from Android Devices
- First reset your WIFI: a.) Choose Settings. b.) Choose Wireless & Networks. c.) Turn OFF WiFi (Uncheck the checkbox) d.) Turn ON WiFi (Check the checkbox) and e.) Test print or scan using iPrint&Scan again. If still not able to print or scan, then continue to the following steps.
- Then confirm the IP Address: a.) Open iPrint&Scan. b.) Click Setting icon. c.) Click Printer. d.) Verify that there is an IP address for your Brother machine. You can find your machine's IP Address or Node Name by printing the Network Configuration List. e.) Choose the Brother machine again and f.) Attempt to print or scan again.
Images credits to Brother Solutions Center
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
1/22/2014 11:15:00 AM Elaine
Sharp laser printers particularly the AL series are just the same as any other devices from different makes, such that they also tend to become damaged and may experience technical errors. As a users, if you haven’t or have no plan of reading the manual guide, then how are you supposed to fix the device once you encounter a problem.
There are printer issues that sometimes a simple troubleshooting here and there will work. However, as much as there are easy to fix problems, of course the hard ones are also inevitable to occur. What will you do by then, call your manufacturer for support? That’s a very typical move that most users would probably do.
Since you don’t want to rely on your own instinct and try to repair the device by yourself, at least be familiar the problems that you might encounter. Based on the usual complains of Sharp AL-series printer users, we gathered these errors for you to know what basically triggers or cause such issues.
Topping the list is the Code CH error which is quite fond of getting its self associated to most problems. One thing is for sure about this, the cartridges are either not seated correctly or probably empty. Basically it’s easy to get rid of on just about any Sharp AL series printer. Say you use Sharp AL100TD toner for your device, just check if it’s empty or if you just replaced it, try re-installing the item.
Next is the Code H4 error which is mainly related to the fuser. While there are chances that it’s only a false alarm, it is wise to know what it is as well. If the temperature is either low or very high, your device will experience a hard time fusing the toner onto the paper. One way to fix it is by pressing a series of buttons which include Clear and Expose repeatedly two times. If the display turns blank, press the keys 1 and 4 followed by the print button. To exit just press Clear button till it takes you out of the configuration.
Drum light flashing is an error with no specific code but since many had experienced this problem well then might as well include it. Just like the issue stated above, this one can be fixed by again pressing a few keys. Follow the instructions carefully to clear the problem. Press the keys C and Auto accordingly, do this two times for less than 5 seconds. If the display doesn't go blank, repeat it until you get a blank screen. Next, you need to enter the keys 2 and 4 followed by pressing the Print button. Again repeat it but instead of keying in 24, enter 7 and press Print. Reset the unit and see if the error was fixed.
Friday, January 17, 2014
1/17/2014 12:42:00 PM Erika Celario
Brother MFC9460CDN is a high performance color laser printer that will deliver the several functions of multiple machines such as printing, copying, scanning and e-mailing into one printing device. It has a high printing speed of up to 25 pages per minute for both monochrome and colored printouts, and has duplex printing feature that will reduce your usual printing costs and produce professional looking two-sided documents, presentations and brochures.
But just like other digital color laser printers, using the Brother MFC9460CDN laser printer will not exempt you in encountering the usual printer problems just like paper jams. Yes, all printer users, and this is not just a simple generalization, but all printer users have experienced encountering paper jams in their printers or multifunction printers. So that’s why for today’s article, we’re going to give the step-by-step procedure on how you can fix paper jams inside your Brother MFC9460CDN. The procedures below are from Brother Solutions Center.
If the LCD of your Brother MFC9460CDN shows Jam Inside, proceed on doing the following steps:
Steps to Fix Paper Jams Inside Brother MFC9460CDN Printer
- Step 1 – Turn off the machine's power switch. Unplug the telephone line cord first, disconnect all cables, and then unplug the power cord from the AC power outlet.
- Step 2 – Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Step 3 – Hold the green handle of the Brother DR310CL drum unit. Pull the drum unit out until it stops.
- Step 4 – Turn the green lock lever (1) at the left of the machine counterclockwise to the release position. Holding the green handles of the drum unit, lift the front of the drum unit and remove it from the machine.
- Step 5 – Pull out the jammed paper slowly.
- Step 6 – Make sure the green lock lever (1) is in the release position as shown in the illustration.
- Step 7 – Match the guide ends (2) of the drum unit to the Image marks (1) on both sides of the machine then gently slide the drum unit into the machine until it stops at the green lock lever.
- Step 8 – Turn the green lock lever (1) clockwise to the lock position.
- Step 9 – Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Step 10 – Close the front cover of the machine. Take note that if you turn the machine off while its LCD is still showing Jam Inside, the machine will print incomplete data on your computer when it is turned on. So before you turn on the machine, delete the print spool job on your computer.
- Step 11 – Plug the machine's power cord back into the AC power outlet first, and reconnect all cables and the telephone line cord. Turn on the machine's power switch.